Here are some of the lovely photos that were taking at my shower in the Kentucky by Andria Jackson. The games, the food, the decor, and the fellowship with family and friends was absolute perfection! You can check out Andria’s other work on her Facebook page! Check out my vlog of the Kentucky Baby Shower Experience!
This pregnancy I vowed to myself to take on a different state of mind and attitude. Not just on how I viewed being pregnant but also in how I took care of body. Before my husband and I took the natural first steps to conceiving I started working out and running consistently at the very beginning of the year. Me and my workout partner CJ were getting up at least 5 days a week at 5:15am to run and lift weights at 24 hour fitness. So when I did find out I was pregnant I was able to continue my journey in trying to remain fit. Now, I am not the fittest pregnant person, which I am ok with, but I am proud at how I have taken responsibility for how much weight and body fat I have taken on with these two babies. So with that, I wanted to go all out with my pregnancy/maternity photos. Mind you, I loved my maternity photos that I did my first pregnancy. They remind me of how much of a team my husband and I had to become in order to raise our first child in a city that was so far away from any family. However, these current maternity pictures remind me of how BLESSED I am to 1)Be able to carry life with no complications; 2)Have great health in my mind, body, and spirit; and 3) now be surrounded by a community of talented people who give of themselves in helping me see my dreams become reality.
SPECIAL THANK YOU’S go to a couple of people who made this photo shoot possible.
- Alana Fickes – The AMAZING photographer who recreated and captured the visions I had in my head
- Brittany White – The AWESOME make-up artist who used my face as a canvas and turned it into a masterpiece if I do say so myself
- Angela Kim, Maria Pelletier, & Nina Elcao – The WONDERFUL women of Maker who helped facilitate us being able to use a stage to shoot the photos
- Maker Studios – The FANTASTIC company that allowed me to shoot and share the joys of my pregnancy with you all.
So now that I am 20 weeks pregnant, when people see me they can obviously see that I am with child. If someone asks if or when I am expecting I proudly say, yes I am expecting twin boys sometime in either February or March. While I completely understand the excitement behind meeting someone having twins, I don’t understand some of the statements that follow…
- Are the twins natural? To me, this is like asking, “So what position did you and your husband have sex when you conceived?” How I got these babies in my body is no one’s business but mine, my husband’s, and my OB/GYN. To ask me if I used some form of help with conceiving is assuming that my body couldn’t do this on its own. While I cast no judgement on women who do need some assistance with getting pregnant, why can’t people assume I am healthy and have a plethora of eggs. It just seems like such a private question to ask and if we are really that close of friends that you feel comfortable asking me, then you would already know the answer. I know people don’t mean any harm by the question but damn. Even the use of the word “natural” put such a negative spin on woman who have to use the help of doctors to conceive. Are their twins “artificial”?
- You’re are gonna get REALLY BIG. Well so will your eye and your lip if I punch you in it for being so rude. I am fully aware that my stomach will probably be larger than it was with my first son, even though I’m in way better shape this pregnancy. However, I do not need the reminder. If I blow up like a float in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, lets just wait until it happens before making any predictions. Now don’t get me wrong I am so proud of my bump! But sometimes I just want to put a bump on people’s head when they feel free to comment on my upcoming girth.
- So you’re definitely going to have a C-Section. So should I assume you apparently have a medical degree with an emphasis in multiple births?? LOL. I have never been pro c-section because I prefer not to have my abdominal muscles cut open. However, if there was a medical emergency and I had to have c-section, I guess I wouldn’t have a choice. Twins can be born vaginal and many of them are. So instead of putting your energy on assuming I will have to undergo major surgery, let just wait and see what will happen.
- Twins! That’s gonna be really hard. Thank you Captain Obvious for that beautiful revelation. Raising twins will be difficult but not as difficult as it has been for me to hold my tongue and not start cussing people out.
Again, I know people don’t mean to come off nosy, insulting, or all-knowing but they are. LOL. I know I’m not the only pregnant woman that has the hear the multiple comments and questions that might make you tear up or strangle people on site. Hell, I probably have said a few annoying things myself to pregnant friends while not really thinking fully about the potential impact of my words. However, it seems like with this pregnancy I must have on a shirt that reads, do you have a ridiculous question or comment about being pregnant with twins? ASK THIS LADY. But even with all the not so good comments, I am so appreciative of this one word that I get more often than not and that’s “CONGRATULATIONS!” It is like music to this big pregnant lady’s ears.
So with my first son Marcus, I had morning sickness my entire first trimester but I never threw up. I was so grateful once I figured out how to keep my morning sickness under control that it wasn’t a big problem at all. Well, these twins decided to do things a little differently. My first trimester this pregnancy, I had morning sickness through out the day, all day long. There was never a remedy to keep it from happening. The only relief I did find was that if I woke up in the middle of the night, like around 1am, and ate something greasy, I would be fine in the morning. Well, I did make it through my entire 1st trimester of this pregnancy without vomiting! YAY!! But then came the 2nd trimester. While I don’t get morning sickness anymore, I have thrown up on three separate occasions. The first two times were in the same day and each of those times had me so very worried. The occurrences seemed to be so violent and aggressive that it made my abdominal muscles sore for the rest of the day. I keep getting nervous that I had dislodged a baby or I was going to lose of them. Every time I went to the restroom that day I was making sure that there was no spotting. Thank God there wasn’t.
Well the third time I puked wasn’t as scary, actually it was quite comical. This happened earlier today before I got home to write this blog. I had just finished a really great workout at the gym. I jogged two miles and then did squats, lunges, and leg lifts, all while laughing loudly at reruns of Arrested Development. When I left the gym, I finished my container of water and ate the banana I had in my car. I then drove to the grocery store because I have to get all of my errands done early in the day because it is hot as BALLS in California. While sitting in the parking lot, I noticed that my body temperature was rising very fast. So I opened the door of my car and puked up every bit of banana and water that was in my system. The pregnant woman in the car beside me just shook her head in disgust at me. LOL. I guess she thought I was hung over. Well once I finished decorating the parking lot with my snack, I ate the rest of my banana and went inside to grocery shop. I am hoping that is the last time my food will try to make an exit from the “entrance only” door but with these twins, I doubt it. SMH.
Peace and Blessings!
That Chick Angel
We are expecting TWINS next year!! OMG I can not believe this at all. There is so much to tell you but I am not going to try and do that in all one post on this blog. Yes, my husband and I changed our minds and decided to add one more child to our family. And no, we weren’t planning or trying to get pregnant with twins. This is just God’s little way of showing me that no matter how many “To Do Lists” I create, He is “To Do List” is the only one that matters. I am currently 13 weeks pregnant but I have been recording pregnancy vlogs almost the entire time I have been pregnant. So even though you might be joining me 1/3 of the way through this journey, I will posting all the videos I have recorded during my pregnancy in the weeks coming. You will get to see my friends and family’s reaction to finding out that I am pregnant with twins, including my husband and my son. These reactions are HILARIOUS. You will even get to see the ultrasound and hear MY REACTION to finding out instead of one baby I am having TWO! So sit back and watch this crazy UNEXPECTED story unfold. But make sure you follow this blog so that you can get update on the things I don’t have time to put up on my YouTube Channel, That Chick Angel TV. Also make sure you check out how I announced it to the ladies at The Mom’s View and how I announced it on my channel!